COME JOIN US AT OUR NEXT EVENT!
SELF DEFENSE WORKSHOP (LEVEL 1) with B-Fit Founder, JOEY REID
Mr. Reid, a kung-fu Instructor of 21 years and martial arts practitioner of 31 years, has taken his experience in various martial arts and developed a functional system of self defense techniques and philosophy. Using a blend of the simplest but most effective techniques, his workshops and classes are meant to instill courage, humility and compassion while training a set of physical reflexes that are crucial for survival.
The function of this seminar is to teach the most effective means of defending against some of the more common types of attacks. This is a basics level seminar and so it is open to everyone, you do not need to have any background in martial arts nor do you need to have a high level of fitness. All ages are welcome.
Some of what you will be learning in this seminar:
– How not to be a target – want to avoid a confrontation altogether? Keep your whits about you, change your behavior and you will no longer be a target.
– how to assess a confrontation – the perfect defense is when no offense is necessary. understanding human behavior and determining your foe’s motives can keep you from entering a physical attack.
– Proper defensive stance – to avoid being struck in vital areas, you need to learn how to keep them covered and maximize your mobility. The proper stance is the first step.
– Know where to strike – Knowing the most vulnerable targets can help you end a fight quickly.
– Strike defense & Counter striking – Timing can be everything; using simple and efficient blocks or maneuvers while building speedy reflexes to counter strike will give you an edge.
– Defense techniques against – a shove, wrist grab, shirt grab, front choke, rear choke, front bear hug, rear bear hug, head lock, etc.
The most common attacks are used for a reason. The majority of people do not know how to fight, so they use what appears to be movements that are safe for them but harmful to others. They are often also afraid but still dangerous, so your best bet to survive an attack is to be aware of these tendencies and learn the simplest ways to escape harm.
Most of the techniques we use are universal, but some tweaks are needed depending on your size, your attackers size and your surroundings. We will help you find the movements that work best for you.
All you need to bring is some comfortable clothing, do not wear anything that you are afraid may get stretched or torn while we practice any grabbing defense techniques.
LOCATION: 4060 St. Laurent Boulevard suite 106
Space is limited to 10 people. To register contact Joey at email@example.com or call 514-730-6764
We look forward to hearing from you